Friday, December 29, 2006

Lilro - where my grandmother grew up


I havent been in Sundsvall in 7 years so today we have visited some relatives and places we wanted to see. This is the house my grandmother grew up in, I havnt been in this house since I was 12. One of my mothers uncles, Tage, and his wife owns it and he´s currently renovating. It´s fun to be back, you see things differently when your older and not 12 anymore :) My grandmother had well not alot but many sibblings but they are getting older and some of them have died so I kind of feel that my source of family history is slipping away. Seeing this house again and talking to my mothers uncles felt important and I got to know some history I didnt know befor, and hear stories from the past that really made me laugh. It´s always been alot of humor and no worries here in Sundsvall and that hasnt changed. I havent spent much time here at all almost none, still being here feels like I´ve come home. It´s a really really weird feeling

No comments: