Sunday, November 12, 2006

Sunday blues


Got what I need to convert good music from LP vinyl to wave. This is a great way to spend a sunday afternoon, I love it. Me and Duster Bennett, Hound Dog Taylor and Fleetwood Mac (the later is from when they still had their bluessound) and for those of you that never heard of these guys... YOU MISSED SOME GREAT MUSIC!! :) If you plan to listen to Fleetwood Mac keep in mind that theres a huge differens between their albums, their early work is more blues

Duster Bennett
Fleetwood Mac
Hound dog Taylor

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! Which Duster Bennett is that? Looks like Smiling Like I`m Happy.. is it original and where did you get that?

Issan said...

Yup, thats a original Duster Bennett - Smiling Like I´m Happy, bought in 1968, one owner and in perfect condition (not a scratch, neither on record nor folder) It´s not for sale :)

Anonymous said...

What did you use to get the LP to wave? How good quality did you get?

Issan said...

Stereo
16bit - bit resolution
44,1 kHz - sample rate

WaveLab 4.0
Dell - Inspiron 9300
Not sure about the recordplayer and stuff, have to get back to you on that I didnt use mine...

then I just used the phonesocket and a appropriate cord... Perhaps the quality could be better I dont know, I never done this before but I´m satisfied with the result, its not bad, its vinyl to begin with so theres a limit to what you can get out of it, the record itself doesnt have more 44,1 kHz...

I also feel the need to point out that I really like vinyl better than digital but it´s not practical to set up a recordplayer at work :)

Anonymous said...

So it cant be your record then since it was bought -68 and only one owner... you seem to have access to it and knows it´s not for sale... curious to know if there´s more rarity that you can access?

Issan said...

No it´s not my record it´s my mothers and yes there is lots and lots of more great records