Thursday, January 18, 2007

The Man Who Sold The World


This is one of my most favorite David Bowie songs and this cover by Nirvana is among one of the best covers I´ve heard (I like Cobains voice)

A friend of mine once asked what it is about this song that I like so much. With some songs you can point at the lyrics, voice of the singer, a specific riff, drums etc. I can honestly not point out one specific thing, its the whole song. Being a Bowie songs the lyrics, at first glance is incoherent and weird but as with many of his lyrics there´s depth and meaning in it. You just have to take the time to really listen to it.

Anyway this song is one of my obsessions and I´m gathering all the covers I can of it. It´s kind of fun compairing them, especially since Bowie himself made a couple of different live versions of it

No comments: