Marianne Greenwood 1916-2006
I stumbled accross a documentary about Marianne Greenwood a swedish photographer and writer. Until seeing that documentary she was to me unknown. In the middle of the end of world war two she left sweden for a 40 year long period of travleing in her life. 25 of which she didnt even have a adress. During her travels she´s met alot of people, some famous (she wored a period of time with documenting ,by photo, Pablo Picasso and his family). Most of her life she´s been traveling by her self meeting people along the road. I´m impressed not only by her photos but also of her and her way of approaching life and when it comes to approaching life I guess a bit envious. I could use a bit of her way of life in mine.
http://www.ideosphere.se/mg/news.asp
http://transartcafe.pagesperso-orange.fr/marianne_greenwood_uk.html

6 comments:
Interesting,...very inspiring;-)
nice post, and totally inspiring.
i saw your comment at home theatre and i thought what the heck lets take a look.
i didn't regret the move...the post is short but heartful...keep it up..
Greetings from Norway. I just stumbled across the very same documentary on Marianne Greenwoods life myselfe - I cried at times cause she was the voice I needed to hear about making the best out of my life. A very powerful story indeed..
Hallo again and thank you for visiting my "snapshot" site. The pictures are from many different places and I have not posted more of my photos. I often travel and taking pictures whenever I can. Will try www.flickr.com sooner.
Thank you once again...
Thank You;-)
I too just came across this documentary. And agree - what an inspiring person she was. Both encouraging us to strive for what we believe in, and letting us know that it's always possible to start afresh. I look forward to reading some of her writing too :)
Post a Comment